Monday, July 19, 2010

Conscientiousness..

The definition is straight out of wiki:

"Conscientiousness is the trait of being painstaking and careful, or the quality of acting according to the dictates of one's conscience. It includes such elements as self-discipline, carefulness, thoroughness, organization, deliberation (the tendency to think carefully before acting), and need for achievement. It is an aspect of what has traditionally been called character."

I am going to briefly touch upon just 1 aspect - "The quality of acting according to the dictates of one's conscience". If there's a good conscience at work, there's always going to be a sense of empathizing, a sense of trying to do the "right" things. I believe in keeping this as an integral part of my character, and it's not in my make-up to accept that there are people who can give a serious thought about what they did or did not do, but are incapable of understanding what effect this may have on all the other folks who are involved. I had stated this when I went through a similar situation close to 3 years back -- "MONDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2007 - Shallow." You can find it here http://sinsofsilence.blogspot.com/2007_10_01_archive.html

To keep it simple, I cannot stand people who don't understand the ramifications of their actions. Yet these very same people, in their own cloud of grand assumptions, act like they don't know anything about what they did, and they don't know about what they caused. It just ticks me off. And then, the nerve to actually state the above!

I always, and will always continue to understand what I am doing, and what could be the ramifications of my actions. It's got nothing to do with karma. I feel happy and contented, when I keep everyone I am with, happy. Simple. Trust this would leave a mark on anyone who reads..

-V
(And might I add my profound dislike for people copying my signature - just like the "-V" above. Please get original).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter