Monday, May 21, 2007

Auto Drivers

Come on - how many people have talked about these chaps? Looks like they are in a world of their own when they get inside that contraption to drive 'em!

Here I was at the end of my road, ( ok, not really my road, but the end of the road in which my house is situated, thank you ) trying to catch an auto pretty quickly as I was already late to catch my bus to get to work!

1) The first chap doesn't even BOTHER looking in the direction from which the "AUTO" call came.

2) The second chap asks for 30 bucks, when the place is just 1.6 kms away, minimum charge is all that is applicable, I ask him to take a flying fuck.

3) The third chap looks extremely pissed, as if he hasn't had any for a LONG time, the moment I tell him my destination, gives me a grim, menacing look and says "Change idre banni, illadre time waste maadbedi", loosely translated into English from Kannada as "Come if you've change, otherwise don't waste my time". So, since I was in a hurry, and the fact that his attitude didn't matter to me as long as I got to my destination, I said "Yes" in a hurry and got in.

4) So, the story goes on. My bus stand is located on the other side of a busy signal, so I typically get the Auto guy to drop me on the other side of the signal, since I always cut it close by 2-3 mins, and even if the bus decides to drive away, I can catch up with it using the auto.

5) So, somehow today, I seemed to be 2-3 mins early, and I told the very decent, dignified, cattle rapist auto-driver to stop right behind the bus, after we crossed the signal.

6) So what does he do? Instead of being happy that I've the EXACT change to give him, he gives me a scornful, angry look and tells me, "Ivaaga naanu oorella suthkondu vaapas hogbeku, sumne signal hathra ne iLdidre yen kashta, ee putkosi hanneradu rupaai ge", again loosely translated as " I have to take a whole damn circle to come back to the main road because of this, you could have gotten down there itself, and it was just for a puny 12 bucks".

7) So I told him that I have a damn bus to catch, and I'd always like to make sure that I DO CATCH IT, instead of RUNNING BEHIND it.

What a retort : "Ee auto nimgalla irodu" --> "this auto isn't available for you guys"

Me : "Howdri, namage seve maadodu neevu, nim kelsa idu, naavilla andre nimage business hege sigathe?" --> " Yes sir, you give us your auto service, it's your job, without us how would you get any business?"

Note: At this point of time, I've already gotten out of the auto and I am walking towards the bus.

AutoMan : Starts swearing

Me : "Aee.. hogri!" --> "Aee.. get out man"

End of story.

These guys REALLY need to get a life, sheesh! How many of you've been in an unfortunate Auto Driver incident?

Sheesh, frustrating way to start a Monday!

-V

2 Comments:

Blogger Sumida said...

Atleast you didn't get ogled at/sung some crappy filmi song.

5/21/2007 8:57 AM  
Blogger V said...

well, ultimately it points to the same thing. We should have a seperate species for automen.

5/21/2007 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter