Sunday, August 12, 2007

So.. what's the deal?

I was going to write about these few people I've met/seen who come from outside Bangalore, who make this their place and crib about how great their city is. I figured, that there are a lot more people who are heavily putting these kinda people in their places and I didn't need to do that on my own, once again.

Instead, let's talk about a few other things.

Quasar's on an indefinite hiatus. So, there's a new band in the making, comprising all the members of Quasar ( except the lead guitarist who's off to the US ), and Shalini on the bass, and she is kick ass. One of the best in Bangalore. My role has slightly changed now, I am going to be doing a little bit of rhythm guitar work, and doing main vocals. We jammed for this first time today, and the fact that there was a sense of familiarity already with Shalini, ( since she had already jammed with Quasar and appeared on quite a number of shows for us too ), helped things fall into place pretty easily.. we jammed on Dream Theater's "As I Am" - a very "in your face" kinda song, complicated to pick up, and it just FELL into place... lots of work to do yet, but the signs are very good! We should be debuting @ the September Sunday Jam.

Little annoying character I met over the weekend, the things he did to get a woman's attention and upstage another guy while at it, he thought he was being extremely funny, I don't think the woman or the other guy concurred with that view. Although, the woman seemed to be laughing, a little too much, for things which didn't even seem "laughable". Bah, the things people do.

It's interesting sometimes, where I feel that I've actually developed a bond with someone, and from what it seems like, the bond seems to be developing from the other end as well. It's quite funny how people can just play down some of the decisions or some of their actions, which otherwise might seem surprising. It would never be easy for me to play down something which has led me to develop a bond for somebody. "Something" could be the duration of this bonding, the number of you're in touch, loads of things. But hey.. that could just be the way I function. I guess the world's weird on it's own, there's no need to complicate matters further.

Life's available as a challenge in so many ways, be it professionally or personally. It might be difficult to face these challenges, but that's life. You face up to it, or you perish. Survival of the fittest and all that .. ref. the Darwin fella.

-V

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter